Terms of Service
As of: 24 October 2016
§ 1 Object and Applicability
The following General terms apply to all business relationships between the users of the website FAQ.camp (hereafter referred to as users) and the individual companies of Benjamin Kowalski (hereafter referred to as FAQ.camp). These General Terms shall apply to all contracts with FAQ.camp under exclusion of any deviating terms of the contract partners, unless their applicability is confirmed by FAQ.camp in writing or electronically (Section 126 a of the German Civil Code (Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch)). By registering, the user recognizes the currently valid General Terms.
§ 2 Services by FAQ.camp
- FAQ.camp offers users the possibility to create so-called Frequently Asked Questions and to integrate them into their websites.
- FAQ.camp takes no responsibility for the quality of or any mistakes in the data provided online.
- FAQ.camp reserves the right to change existing services to a reasonable extent. Users are not entitled to any additional features, especially those beyond those described in § 2 No. 1.
- All users can use all functions of FAQ.camp for free. If the free access changes in the future, all users will be informed by email and with a message in the tool about the change of the terms of service.
§ 3 Contract Conclusion
A contractual relationship shall be established once the user clicks on the "Register Account" button on the registration form. This contractual relationship shall be concluded indefinitely, but may be cancelled by either side, as described in § 9.
§ 4 Revocation Instructions
Consumers have the following revocation rights:
1. Revocation Instructions
You may revoke your contract declaration within two weeks in text form (e.g., letter, fax, email) without providing reasons. The deadlines commences after the receipt of these instructions in written form, but not before contract conclusion or completion of our disclosure obligations resulting from Article 246 Section 2 in connection with Section 1(1 and 2) of the Introductory Act to German Civil Code (Einführungsgesetz Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch) and before fulfilling our obligations from Section 312e(1) Sentence 1 of the German Civil Code in connection with Article 246 Section 3 of the Introductory Act to the German Civil Code. To meet the revocation period, sending the revocation on time is sufficient. Revocation must be sent to:
Email: [email protected]
2. Consequences of Revocation
In case of a valid revocation, the services received by both sides and, if necessary, any profit generated (e.g., interest) must be returned. If you are unable to return the received service in whole or in part or only in diminished condition, you must provide compensation. Consequently, you may have to complete your contractual payment obligation for the period until the revocation. Refund obligations must be completed within 30 days. The period for the user will commence when he sends his revocation, and will commence for FAQ.camp when they receive it.
3. Special Notice
Your right to revocation will expire prematurely if the contract is expressly fulfilled on your request by both sides before you exercise your exercise your right to revocation.
End of the Revocation Instructions
§ 5 User Obligations
- All statements provided by the user during creating an account or when making changes to the account must be true.
- The publication or distribution of illegal, defaming, explicitly pornographic or other objectionable content as well as violating the rights of third parties is prohibited.
- The user himself is solely responsible for meeting the legal requirements of his FAQ and its contents, especially the disclosure obligations towards his own potential customers.
- FAQ.camp reserves the right to delete contents that are unlawful and/or abusive immediately.
§ 6 Availability & Liability
- FAQ.camp tries to ensure a high degree of availability for its service.
- In case of downtime not caused by intentional or grossly negligent behavior by FAQ.camp, users shall have no claims to rescissions, reductions, cancellation or compensation. Planned downtime of FAQ.camp (e.g., maintenance) will be announced in time via email. Claims can therefore not be asserted.
- FAQ.camp shall not be liable for data transfer disruptions or delays via Internet for which it is not responsible. Likewise, FAQ.camp shall not be liable for disruptions caused by browsers that do not meet valid standards.
- Furthermore, FAQ.camp shall not be liable for damages resulting from documents not being sent by mail or email properly, since such deliveries are outside of FAQ.camp's area of responsibility.
- FAQ.camp will only be liable for damages, especially data loss by FAQ.camp, due to software errors or other errors influenced by FAQ.camp's, if it or its bodies, employees or other agents are guilty of gross negligence or intent. However, this disclaiming of liability shall not apply to damage claims asserted through the German Product Liability Act (Produkthaftungsgesetz) due to injuries to life, the body or one's health or in cases in which FAQ.camp is guilty of violating such duties that make proper contract implementation possible (essential contract duties) caused by simple negligence. In the latter case, liability shall be limited to the amount of annual compensation for unforeseeable damages not typical for the contract.
§ 7 Usage Rights
- By registering, the user shall receive usage rights to the FAQ.camp software for the duration of the contract with FAQ.camp. The software will not be relinquished to the user.
- In case of changes to the software during the duration of the contractual relationship with FAQ.camp, all rights shall also apply to the changes.
§ 8 Payments
You don't have to pay for anything on FAQ.camp. This may change in the future. Once this changes occur, the terms of service will be updated. The users of FAQ.camp will be notified about any changes of the terms of service in the tool and by email.
§ 9 Contract Cancellation
- The user may cancel the contractual relationship at any time in writing or in text form. It is sufficient to send an email to [email protected] from the account’s registered email address.
- FAQ.camp reserves the right to cancel the contractual relationship with each user within a notice period of 3 months without providing reasons.
- In case that it is proven the user has violated his obligations, especially those in § 5, FAQ.camp reserves the right to extraordinary cancellation of the contractual relationship.
§ 10 Final Provisions and Severability Clause
- The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply under exclusion of the UN Sales Convention.
- If the user is a merchant or a legal entity or special fund under public law, the location of FAQ.camp shall be agreed to serve as the place of jurisdiction.
- Should individual regulations of this contract prove to be invalid or unenforceable or become invalid or unenforceable after contract conclusion, the validity of the contract as a whole shall remain unaffected.